Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition
August 17, 2014
Hidden Objects Vs. Mahjong
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Screensavers
Concept Art & Soundtracks
Achievements & Collectibles
As the fourth game in the series, we are somewhat emotionally connected to the main characters in the game; thus, it is not hard for us to get hooked by the game in the first place. Despite that, the story in The Ties That Bind lacks the originality and players who are new to the series might not find it engaging.
Elefun Games has set a visual standard for themselves, and Witches’ Legacy: The Ties That Bind does not disappoint. The graphics have Elefun signatures all over them; bold, colorful and detailed. The music is unobtrusive and the voice overs are great, suit the characters exceptionally well.
What we cannot get over is the easiness of the gameplay. Witches’ Legacy: The Ties That Bind is definitely no the most innovative game, as most of the time, it is fairly predictable. The Hidden Object scenes are interactive and entertaining; however, objects are easy to find – and even the replaceable Matching mode lacks the challenge. The puzzles are whimsical, but again, not a total brainwork.
What’s not so easy is the Collectibles. As usual with Elefun Games, The Ties That Bind comes with several sets of collectibles that are very difficult to find. We found the collectibles to be quite a distraction, due to their excess amount. The game has a good length, with a nice enough Bonus Chapter.
In this series:
- Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse
- Witches' Legacy: Lair of the Witch Queen
- Witches' Legacy: Hunter and the Hunted
- Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind
- Witches' Legacy: Slumbering Darkness
- Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne
- Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness
- Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come
- Witches’ Legacy: The City That Isn’t There
- Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night
- Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient
- Witches' Legacy: Secret Enemy